Marketing Your Medical Practice: Do Personal Commercials Build Trust?
If you are a physician or medical practitioner, you are aware that the fear of the unknown is often a huge factor that keeps potential patients from setting up appointments with a new doctor or dentist. The fact is that these relationships are, by nature, more personal than with other service providers. Questions abound:
- What is his/her style? No nonsense or re-assuring and comforting?
- How will he/she work with me? What is their process like?
- What can I expect when I walk into their office?
- What if I don’t like him/her?
How can you reach potential patients and give them that comfort zone that is so important? Using multimedia to share your practice and yourself with prospective patients is smart for two key reasons:
- According to James McQuivey of Forrester Reasearch, 1 minute of video is work 1.8 million words! Video walks and talks in ways that no amount of text or photos can.
- According to Online Publishers Association, 80% of internet visitors could recall a video advertisement they had seen recently on a website. Furthermore 46% contacted the business after watching it!
Creating your own personal spot commercial is great a way to introduce your practice and yourself to prospective patients. It’s easy to do with apps such as GLTYR, that let you revise your messaging in the comfort of your own home or office without a videographer standing in front of your with a microphone in your face. All you need is about 30 seconds to introduce yourself, smile and say a few words about your practice. For greater effect, add in a photo, an audio, and even some text about your practice. GLTYR actually creates a small website so you can share your GLTYR link in an email or embed it in your medical listing. Using a personal commercial format will make prospective patients feel they have gotten to know you before they meet you in person. They will be that much more likely to reach out and connect to schedule their first appointment.
GLTYR (pronounced “glitter) is an affordable, quick and easy way to powerfully communicate your message as a multimedia web page that can be created, edited and shared entirely from a mobile device at anytime from anywhere. GLTYR is widely used by individuals, organizations and services with extremely limited marketing budgets including schools, non-profits, small-businesses and individual service providers.